If it really were common sense, wouldn't everyone use it?
We will now be referring to "it" as uncommon sense!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good?bye...

Why is it "Good" bye? Real goodbyes, the ones that say, 'it will be a while or maybe forever before I see you again,' aren't ever that great. I guess if we are looking at the parting itself as separating on good terms, then it makes an inkling of sense, but otherwise it is just another of those English juxtapositions.

The hardest part of any friendship is when it is time to say goodbye. As much as we might like things to stay the same, change is an inevitable part of life. There is a secret that only real friends know and it is this. All the mountains and valleys in the world cannot separate friends whose hearts are as one.

Allen woke up this morning crying (that was all it took for me to start as well) because he knew that our friends had left and were on their way to Oklahoma. As members of the church we are so blessed with an instant ward family wherever we move to, but there are times when you meet a family that you just click with. It is that kind of friendship that is so hard to see move away. However, it is that kind of friendship that you know won't dissipate with a change in zip code. We miss you already Jensen Family!

7 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Aw..that's so sad that Allen was crying. It's extra hard when the kids are friends with friends kids..then it's a family affair of sadness. may i be the first to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!..did I win? it's 12:21am have a great day.

falwyn said...

It's hard to leave, and hard to be left.
I think it's "goodbye" because it used to be "God be with ye" - which is maybe the better farewell anyway... okay, switching off English major mode now. :)

-Samantha (M.)

Stephanie Shumway said...

holy cow- long time no see! how are you?? I was so happy when I found your blog!

Heather A said...

Found you Aubrey. It was fun to see you at Em's baptism even though it wasn't for that long. I've got to have your recipe for the brownies you made for the dinner, I just couldn't get enough! Check us out at rhabbott.blogspot.com

Lex said...

Um, where are you and why haven't you been blogging about your kids. I am really going through some serious withdrawls here! Love you miss you hope to see you soon.

AudyCamp said...

Anybody home??

carolina said...

Hey there,
You know you're not rid of us... ever!
That is why it's a "good" bye, because we're supposed to stay in touch :)


free web counter